Monday, June 30, 2008

T minus 6 days and counting

Welcome to my blog. Preparations for my departure to Honduras are well under way. I look forward to keeping you posted on my journey as a Peace Corps volunteer. Please copy this link http://www.unviajeahonduras.blogspot.com/ and save it as one of your favorites and visit whenever you like.

I am scheduled to leave for Washington D.C. on July 7 and, on July 9 I will travel with about 50 other volunteers to Honduras. For the first three months I am there I will receive language, cultural and job training. As most of you are aware, I am unsure of my technical accomodations in Honduras, so don't worry if this is the last you hear from me. Only kidding, I should have pretty regular access to a computer and hope to post as much as I can to keep everyone up to speed on this amazing adventure upon which I am about to embark. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of this life changing decision I have made, I truly appreciate the positive feedback I have received. I look forward to keeping in touch as often as possible.

¡Hasta luego!

7 comments:

KelC2KelJ said...

Jess, (My Sista from another motha)
I am so proud of you. You are so independent and strong. I will constantly keep you in my thoughts and prayers that God may watch over you and help you help others. Remember what Uncle said..
:)Kelly

Nicole and Sanjay said...

My Best friiiieeend Jess,
Words can not describe how much I am going to miss you. What in the world am I going to do without you? I am so greatful for this opportunity for you and truly believe this is the best decision for you at this point of your life. I will think and pray for you always and am so very proud of you already. Love you!

Teresa said...

Lala, I can't wait to hear of your adventures, (even thoughI will miss you and our adventures here) This is going to be a great experience and we are super proud of you!

Uncle Bob said...

Niece,
Uncle Bob and Andrea are going to miss you so much. We are so proud of you and we know what a impact you are going to make in the world. The strength and compassion you have in you will change the world. We love you and will be praying for you everyday. God speed and love to you my Niece

Judith said...

Jess,
Que Dios te ampare y favoresca!
The office isn't the same without you...Although we miss you...we can't wait to hear about Honduras...
Take care y suerte!

Mr. Anzelc said...

Duder are you sure they are going to have internet there? Anyway, you know your flying on my birthday right? Think about that on the plane. Think about it real hard.

Melony said...

Jesscia you are truly inspiration and I am so glad our paths have crossed. You have been such a huge support to me both professionally and personally I am truly going to miss you but I am determined to keep in touch. It is rare one meets a person like you, real, honest, dedicated and caring. You are just so awesome, spirited and full of life!