Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Off to Honduras tomorrow!

Well, I made it to DC, met the others in my training group, and got some very basic information about my service in Honduras. We leave at 2:30 a.m. tomorrow to fly to Atlanta then to San Pedro Sula. From there we will take a 6 hour bus ride to Zarabanda, which is right outside of Tegucigalpa, where we will be training. It sounds like training will be quite tolling, but I am very much looking forward to diving in and learning everything I can to make my experience the best I can. I will not have internet access for the first 3 weeks, after that I will be transferred to another nearby city for technical training on my job and may have access depending on where I am. In the meantime, I can receive mail from now until September 26, 2008 at:

Jessica Dillworth
Voluntario de Cuerpo de Paz
Apartado Postal #3158
Tegucigalpa, Honduras

The next time you hear from me I should have lots more information to share with you. One exciting thing I learned today is that the city we are going to be training in, Zarabanda, is a new training city for the PC. This means that the families we stay with are housing American Peace Corps volunteers for the very first time. I am excited about this because this experience will be so new and fresh for both of us.

5 comments:

Nicole and Sanjay said...

What not internet access for three weeks? How are you holding up? I called your cell the other day and I heard a weird ring tone and then it dawned on me that I had your phone. It is just so weird not talking to you everyday. I received a little package in the mail asking for cell phones to donate to our troops so I will be sending yours just as soon as I make sure all of your contacts are deleted. I am so bummed I missed your call yesterday; we were at Jason's cookout. I called the number back but it was some girls voicemail. Have safe travels and I can't wait to hear how the rest of training goes and how your host family is.

KelC2KelJ said...

Jess,
I am so excited for the journey you are going to experience. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to hear all about it!

steve-o-amanda said...

Jess,

I am just getting home from work and Steve told me all about your up comming events, sounds fun!! As soon as we got home from the airport the girls wrote you some letters that i will be sending you shortly..I can't wait to hear all about your training..

P.S
All the kids say HI and they miss you!!!

Brian said...

We're already missing you! They boys say hello! We'll be sending you some care packages soon. Enjoy it all!

Unknown said...

Hey Jessica.

Sounds like you've got your hands full but taking it all in stride. Hopefully you're staying busy during this adjustment period. Selma wants to send you some pictures so keep your eye out for them. We miss you and love you. Take care of yourself Dilly :)