Saturday, August 2, 2008

Here´s what I´ve been up to


Alejandra and I made lasagna the other night, here is the fruit of our labor. It was pretty good, Javier had two portions, but he may have just been being polite. It was fun to show them something I know how to make after watching them make some great Honduran food for the past couple of weeks.




Mi familia, Javier, Patricia and Alejandra. I can´t tell you how much I really feel a part of their family. I hope to come back to visit them often while I´m here. They told me that I their home is my home during my entire service in their country.
This is a group of trainees that live by me and we walk home together. Starting from the left, Shannon, Emily, Daniel, Micheal, Kevin and Amanda.










When I visited a volunteer in Choluteca the town was in feria, which means a bunch of events take place, for instance rodeos. This "stadium" was built in a day just for this purpose. The hombres rode horses instead of bulls and it was pretty cool to watch.














Choluteca is pretty flat for the most part, but here´s a neat picture of a mountain nearby














Carmen (the volunteer I visited) and Casey a fellow trainee that visiting Carmen with me.















I think I should submit this one to national geographic if I do say so myself. I love this one.













6 comments:

Nicole and Sanjay said...

Alejandra seems like such a doll! I miss you frrrriiiieend. i want to see more pics of you. You're right that last picture is amazing. You're dad called me yesterday. How sweet! We are meeting for Katie's b-day on Monday. I'll tell the girls you said Hi! Oh, I almost forgot, I got your letter yesterday. I LOVED IT!!!!! Thank you.

Krissy said...

Hi Jessica! Looks like you're having a great time... it's really nice that you are staying with a family, it must really help you integrate. Hope to keep reading about your adventures...
:) Krissy

Teresa said...

It looks like you are having a great time. The boys and us miss you!! Is there anything that you want us to send you? We decided on the boys 1st birthday party. THe boys are going to be Chewbacca and Yoda! I can't wait to send you pics of them in their costumes. You'll be home again for their 3rd birthday. THe countdown begins till Jess comes home:)

Teresa said...

p.s. That last pic is cool!!

agoldman said...

J - That last picture from your August 2nd posting is terrific. I'm now using it as my screen saver. Alan

Kristen said...

Jess!!
I´m so proud of you and so excited to hear about all that´s happening!I really like that picture too, by the way!!